Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Taylor Momsen Teen Vogue


Taylor Momsen featured in Sept. '09 issue of Teen Vogue! Interview excerpts: Finished with acting after Gossip Girl? It would be crazy to cut it out completely. And I love being on the show, I hope it goes on for a couple more years. But as for the future, I don't know. I'm at a point now where I'm not doing anything just for money or fame.


On her rock music: The most obvious thing is to look at me and say, 'Oh, pretty blonde girl, let's put her in pop.' But I would never want to do something in music that isn't representing me, I'd feel like I was faking myself. I wanted to have it all done so I could say, 'Here's who I am, either you like it or you don't.'Why did you finish high school two years early? I found it kind of boring. I'm an artist; I'm not going to use trigonometry.


Now I'm taking college classes online, I want to major in Language Arts. Ever going to regular college? For most people, college is a place where you learn about yourself, and I feel like I'm doing that already. I'm already independent.On being protective of herself: People misinterpret what I say all the time: They think I'm being offensive, when really, I'm only being opinionated. Most of my friends are older, too. I live a very adult life: I have two different careers; I'm on tour. What am I going to do, hang out with the high school kids? I just can't relate to what they talk about, it seems so petty.Do your parents trust you with older boyfriends? I'm not dating anyone right now, but I've had lots of relationships.


My parents know that I'm not going to date someone who's sixteen. Boys are so much less mature than girls as it is; there's just no way, I would eat a boy my age alive.


Are you ever relieved you didn't get the role of Hannah Montana? I think it's a great opportunity for Miley, but yeah, I guess I am relieved. If I had gotten the part, it would be a very different show. It wouldn't have worked for me. I push back.. When I was nine, it seemed amazing. But I wouldn't have been able to deal with not writing my own songs. I don't want to lose the artistry, a lot of people in music right now are faces, manufactured. I don't want to be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment